VISITING INTERNATIONAL TEACHING (VIT)
International Initiative for the Diploma of Bilingual Teachers
The objective is to recruit bilingual and committed education teachers to support our students in achieving bilingualism and biculturalism.
Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE)
There is currently a high demand for bilingual-bicultural teachers in the state of Illinois. The need for teachers with these skills will continue to increase over the next few years.
“ The whole purpose of education is to transfer and transform knowledge for the future generations so that they can transcend their lives and humanity as a whole ”
— Debasish Mridha
What areas of expertise are needed?
Comprehensive Language (LA), Math, Science, Social Studies, Special Education.
What educational levels of teaching are needed?
Initial and Preschool Education, Elementary School,Middle School, Secondary (High School).
Proposed Stages of Programs
Complete the application to become a Visitor International Teacher (VIT) candidate in the State of Illinois.
Complete the Pre-Requisites
Pre – Requisite Training
During this step, the candidate meets all the requirements to beconsidered for admission to the VIT Program:
- Register and accredit the TOEFL IBT Advanced Level
- Seek accreditation of your Bachelor’s and / or Master’s degreewith Education Credential Evaluators Inc. or United States Evaluation Services
- Have a minimum of two years of experience as a preschool, elementary, middle, or high school teacher.
Attend interviews of:
- Medina- Ramos GEG
School district human resources wh ere a job offered will be made and the candidate has the choice to accept the position.
Once the job offered has been accepted, the J1 visa process will begin with no cost to the VIT Candidate. This legal process will con clude with an in terview with the USA Consul in Mexico, near their community.
After the USA Consul interview takes place successfully; then, the moving process will start, and the VIT educator will be responsible for the involved expenses.
Once moving is done, the internship year will start with mentor support from the particular school district.
Then, the internship school year will start with the expectation that du ring the first year is expected th at the new VIT teacher will begin preparing to apply to an Illinois State Certification: ESL-VIT or Professional educator PEL. Some School districts financially support the VIT teacher on this process. The Certification must be concluded no later than the conclusion of the second year of the Internship.
Once the Illinois Teacher Certification is completed, the VIT teacher will look for an extension of two more years as VIT Teacher.
Visiting International Teaching VIT
Complete the aplication for admission as a canditate for Visitor International Teaching (VIT) in Illinois Estate.
COMPLETE THE PRE-REQUISITES
- Sign up in the VIT Program
- Regrister and qualify (550 points) the TOEFL-IBT
- Bacherlor’s degree – equivalency in the U.S.A with Education Credential Evaluators Inc. or United States Evaluation Services
- Have a minimum of two years of experience as a Pre-School, Elementary School, Middle or High School teachers.
Attend in interviews with:
- Medina- Ramos GEG
- Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE)
Transition as Illinois teacher
- Orientation (ISBE)
- MR GEG Seminar
Professional Practices (Internship)
- Once the above requirements are met to be eligible for a Test Certificate (including Short-term or Bilingual /ESL).
- The candidate interviews with Illinois School Districts to seek a job offer (with pay equivalent to a base teacher).
- The candidate will complete the Internship year when the teacher participates in a 4-week post-assignment training.
- The teacher is assigned a mentor and field supervisor as part of a support team.
Motivate your students
You will teach your students at the same time that you study the courses required for your VIT diploma.
Complete the official evaluation documents for professional practices approved by ISBE.
- ELS /VIT
- Professional Educator PEL
YOU WILL RECEIVE ATTENTION, FEEDBACK AND SUPPORT THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
You will have a mentor during your first year of educational practice. Your mentor will support and give feedback on your teaching practices.
He will be there for whatever is offered to you during your first year as a teacher in the State of Illinois
STRIVE FOR A GOOD RECOMMENDATION
Cultivate a good recommendation from the principal of the school where you work and from your VIT mentor.
You have already achieved certification, continue to strengthen the education of many children.